So you're planning a Tahoe ski vacation, and you're looking for that perfect place to stay. A place that will have space for you and your family or friends to spread out and dry your gear. A location close to your favorite ski resort, and with plenty of amenities onsite. Granlibakken is located within an hour's drive of many of Tahoe's premier resorts. Granlibakken's amenities, from the made-to-order breakfast in the mornings to the outdoor year-round hot tub, pool, and sauna, will make your Tahoe ski vacation memorable, easy, and fun.
- Granlibakken Ski and Sled Hill: Located onsite, and half-priced for lodging guests, Granlibakken's ski and sled hill offers a great slope for beginner to intermediate skiers. Sledding is included in a full-day ski lift ticket, and rentals and lessons are available.
Homewood Mountain Resort: Offering terrain for beginner to intermediate skiers, this resort is a 10 minute drive from Granlibakken. Homewood offers fun terrain for all abilities, fewer crowds than some of the larger resorts, and breathtaking lake views.
- Squaw Valley/Alpine Meadows: Enjoy world-class skiing on about 6,000 acres of skiable terrain at these two resorts, located just a 15-20 minute drive from Granlibakken. Both mountains are renowned for their advanced terrain, but they also offer a wide variety of beginner to intermediate terrain.
- Boreal: Located about 40 minutes from Granlibakken on Highway 80, Boreal is a fun mountain with amazing terrain parks for all abilities. The Woodward Indoor Skate Park and night skiing are also attractions. If you weren't able to make it on the slopes during daylight, Boreal has got you covered.
- Sugarbowl: This mountain was one of Walt Disney's favorite destinations with his family, and it's easy to see why. Located about 40 minutes from Granlibakken off of Donner Pass Road, Sugarbowl offers a laid-back atmosphere and tons of terrain well suited for beginners and advanced skiers alike.
- Northstar: This resort is known for its terrain parks, where pros like Shaun White have practiced, as well as the approachable terrain throughout the mountain. Located about a 40 minute drive from Granlibakken Tahoe, Northstar has a great little village, fun terrain, and many family-friendly events throughout the year.
- Diamond Peak: Enjoy unparalleled Tahoe views at this family-friendly resort located about 40 minutes from Granlibakken on the east shore of Lake Tahoe. Diamond Peak offers great terrain for beginner to advanced skiers, and an amazing snowmaking program that ensures that you'll be able to make turns no matter what the weather.
- Mt. Rose: This mountain is located about an hour from Granlibakken, and it's elevation means that it often gets tons of snow. Offering beautiful vistas, great deals on passes, and plenty of terrain to explore, it is well worth the drive to visit this resort.
Make Granlibakken your destination for your next Tahoe ski vacation. Our condos and amenities will make your stay comfortable. Granlibakken's location close to many of Tahoe's premier resorts will allow you to ski at your favorite mountain with ease this winter.
Click here to see lodging options and to book your stay.
Keep in touch! Click here to sign up for our email list, and be the first to know about deals, events, and more!