Lake Tahoe Winter Activities
At Granlibakken Tahoe
Lake Tahoe's famous winter wonderland is yours at Granlibakken Tahoe. Plan your next visit and view the variety of on-site, nearby and annual Lake Tahoe winter activities.
On-Site Winter Activities
- Granlibakken Ski and Boarding Hill
- Learn to ski with Granlibakken's Group Beginner Lesson Package
- Saucer down our machine-groomed sledding area, perfect for families and children
- Cross-country ski or snowshoe right from our property-rentals are available.
On-Site Year-Round Activities
- Add some zip to your trip at the Treetop Adventure Park
- Treat yourself to a spa day at the onsite Day Spa
- Relax in the onsite pool, hot tub, and sauna
- Rejuvenate your mind, body, and spirit at a yoga class
- Explore the many trails surrounding Granlibakken
Annual Granlibakken Events
- New Year's Eve Celebration - Party for all guests of Granlibakken including dinner, music, dancing, dessert and champagne. Kids are invited to Cedar House Pub for movie night.
- Thanksgiving Celebration - Leave the cooking to us. Take leftovers back to your room or condo.
- Christmas Celebration - Two-days of fun-filled events and activities for the family including the Christmas Eve Torchlight Parade inviting all intermediate skiers to participate, caroling and gifts with Santa along with hot chocolate, hot mulled wine and cookies for all. Christmas Day feast for all guests of Granlibakken.
Dining at Granlibakken
- Breakfast is served daily to all lodging guests.
- Cedar House Pub: Cozy fireside dining in the Main Lodge, open 5-9PM Thursdays-Sundays, and daily during holiday periods.
- Rusty's Kitchen: Located in the historic ski hut, serving up authentic Mexican fare. Open 11AM-4PM Fridays-Mondays, and daily during holiday periods
- Gran Spot Coffee Truck: Located at the Ski and Sled Hill, offering specialty coffee drinks and freshly-made pastries. Open 8:30-4PM Fridays-Mondays, and daily during holiday periods.
- Gran Spot Barbecue: Located at the Ski and Sled Hill. Serving up made-to-order burgers, dogs, and veggie burgers 11AM-4PM Fridays-Mondays, and daily during holiday periods.
Nearby Winter Activities
- Ski and snowboard down world-famous Lake Tahoe slopes
- Enjoy miles of groomed cross-country ski and ski-skating terrain
- Take a high octane snowmobile adventure in the winter backcountry of the Sierra
- Ice skate the night or day away at local rinks