Lake Tahoe Winter Activities
At Granlibakken Tahoe
Lake Tahoe's famous winter wonderland is yours at Granlibakken Tahoe. Plan your next visit and view the variety of on-site, nearby and annual Lake Tahoe winter activities.
On-Site Winter Activities
- Granlibakken Ski and Boarding Hill
- Learn to ski with Granlibakken's Group Beginner Lesson Package
- Saucer down our machine-groomed sledding area, perfect for families and children
- Cross-country ski or snowshoe right from our property
- Granlibakken's Gone Bonkers Kids Ski & Snowboard Race
Annual Granlibakken Events
- New Year's Eve Celebration - Party for all guests of Granlibakken including dinner, music, dancing, dessert and champagne. Kids are invited to Cedar House Pub for movie night.
- Thanksgiving Celebration - Leave the cooking to us. Take leftovers back to your room or condo.
- Christmas Celebration - Two-days of fun-filled events and activities for the family including the Christmas Eve Torchlight Parade inviting all intermediate skiers to participate, caroling and gifts with Santa along with hot chocolate, hot mulled wine and cookies for all. Christmas Day feast for all guests of Granlibakken.
- Granlibakken's Gone Bonkers Ski Race - In conjunction with Snowfest, Granlibakken hosts the Bonkers Ski Race. It’s an all out, top to bottom race over natural terrain, complete with gates, obstacles, bumps and fun. If you don’t ski or board come anyway! Join us for sledding, s’mores, hot cocoa, and other entertainment. The afternoon includes family fun for all ages.
Nearby Winter Activities
- Ski and snowboard down world-famous Lake Tahoe slopes
- Enjoy miles of groomed cross-country and skating terrain
- Take a high octane snowmobile adventure in the winter backcountry of the Sierra
- Ice skate the night or day away at local rinks