Tahoe has long been known as a beautiful winter playground, and we want to help you to make the most of your next Tahoe winter vacation. Here are a few things nearby to help you plan your getaway:
- Skiing and sledding: There are plenty of ski resorts within a short distance of Granlibakken Tahoe. Granlibakken also has its own ski and sled hill onsite, and day passes to sledding and lift tickets for skiing are half-priced for lodging guests.
- Ice skating: There is nothing that feels more quintessentially wintery than gliding around an ice rink. There are 4 rinks within a 30 minute drive of Granlibakken:
3. Cross-Country Skiing or Snowshoeing: Granlibakken Tahoe offers a 1.5 mile groomed track around its property, as well as a partially groomed track to Paige Meadows, weather permitting. Cross-country ski and snowshoe rentals are also available in the rental shop. Looking for more trails? Check out the Tahoe City XC Center, located just a few miles from Granlibakken and offering miles and miles of groomed terrain for all ability levels.
4. Snowmobiling: Get some thrills this winter when you take a snowmobile tour through the Sierras. Miles of rugged terrain and amazing vistas will make your tour unforgettable.
5. Sleigh Rides: A memorable way to enjoy Tahoe is from behind a couple of draft horses, in a cozy sleigh. Experience Tahoe like the visitors of yesteryear with Borges Sleigh Rides.
6. Treetop Adventure Park: Open weekends and during holiday periods year-round, the Treetop Adventure Park is a unique way to spend a winter day. Spend your winter vacation in the treetops, completing an aerial trekking course dotted with obstacles and ziplines.
Whether you'll be spending your Tahoe winter vacation on the slopes or up in the trees, be sure to make it unforgettable when you book Granlibakken Tahoe.
Click here to see lodging options and to book your stay.
Keep in touch! Click here to sign up for our email list, and be the first to know about deals, events, and more!